Presented by Theatre Forum in partnership with Dublin Theatre Festival, the Next Stage is the artist development strand of Dublin Theatre Festival. Over the 18 days of the festival, participants are immersed in the programme and given access to an array of leading artists in a packed schedule of talks, interviews, group time and workshops. The Next Stage has been lauded by alumni as “a rare amount of inspiration” and “career changing”.
Past speakers and workshop leaders include Tim Crouch, Garry Hynes, Michael Keegan Dolan, Ruth Little, Mikel Murfi, Thomas Ostermeier, Vivi Tellas and Enda Walsh. The Next Stage also creates valuable opportunities for enriching engagement with visiting artists, with past programmes sparking successful artistic collaborations.
- The 2019 Next Stage starts on 26 September and runs to 12 October.
- Programme participants are required to attend all sessions as well as performances most evenings. Sundays will be free.
- Participation in the 2019 Next Stage programme is by application only.
- Applications close at 5pm Friday 16 August.
- Places will be offered to successful applicants on Friday 23 August.
- Any questions: email Theatre Forum on email@example.com or call +353 1 6778779.
Programme of Activities
The programme of activities of The Next Stage includes:
- Seeing all the shows in the Festival (20+)
- Taking part in Talking Theatre events (pre and post-show discussions)
- Participation in daytime workshops (length varying from half day – several days)
- Question & Answer sessions
- Specialised talks with guest speakers