Presented by Theatre Forum in partnership with Dublin Theatre Festival, the Next Stage is the artist development strand of Dublin Theatre Festival. Over the 18 days of the festival, participants are immersed in the programme and given access to an array of leading artists in a packed schedule of talks, interviews, group time and workshops. The Next Stage has been lauded by alumni as “a rare amount of inspiration” and “career changing”.
Past speakers and workshop leaders include Tim Crouch, Garry Hynes, Michael Keegan Dolan, Ruth Little, Mikel Murfi, Thomas Ostermeier, Vivi Tellas and Enda Walsh. The Next Stage also creates valuable opportunities for enriching engagement with visiting artists, with past programmes sparking successful artistic collaborations.
Participation in the 2018 programme is by application only, from 25 July. Deadline is 16 August.
Funded by the Arts Council.
Programme of Activities
The programme of activities of The Next Stage includes:
- Seeing all the shows in the Festival (20+)
- Taking part in Talking Theatre events (pre and post-show discussions)
- Participation in daytime workshops (length varying from half day – several days)
- Question & Answer sessions
- Specialised talks with guest speakers