In life, we are conditioned to plan our futures, to doubt our choices, and to punish ourselves for our failures. In that sense, The IMPROV Mind-Set in the Grand Stretch philosophy of play is the antithesis of life…
FEAR ruins talent. This lively and enlightening programme combines improv exercises, theatre games and scene work to dispel fear – embracing the pleasure in RISK, and the pay off of FAILURE. In doing so, we reacquaint self-proclaimed ‘dull’ and ‘untalented’ people with their innately creative and brilliant selves – FREE of inhibitions, READY in focus, and MAKING THINGS HAPPEN.
To that end, Grand Stretch will develop The IMPROV Mind-Set in our unique philosophy of play over 6 x 3 hour workshops as follows:
SATURDAY 1st DECEMBER
- WORKSHOP 1 | 10.30am-1.30pm – FEAR
- WORKSHOP 2 | 2.30-5.30pm – RISK
SATURDAY 8th DECEMBER
- WORKSHOP 3 | 10.30am-1.30pm – FAILURE
- WORKSHOP 4 | 2.30-5.30pm – FREEDOM
SATURDAY 15th DECEMBER
- WORKSHOP 5 | 10.30am-1.30pm – READY
- WORKSHOP 6 | 2.30-5.30pm – MAKING THINGS HAPPEN
- No previous experience of any kind is required. It’s back to basics, reprogramming the brain, and it’s all to play for! Come as you are, and PREPARE TO BE UNPREPARED.
- Participation is guaranteed by advanced online registration only, as capacity for both programmes is strictly limited to 12 participants.
All Grand Stretch workshops are facilitated by Darren Yorke – multi-skilled maker of theatre and music, and founder of Grand Stretch. He established this improvisation-based Irish arts company in 2017 with a view to providing life-long learning experiences in the arts, diversifying the theatre experience, and inspiring a culture of creativity for all ages and abilities.
For more information, please visit https://grandstretch.com/about-us
If you have any questions regarding this programme, or other upcoming workshops, you are most welcome to contact email@example.com, or call 085 785 2448More Info