The Production Manager is a new post and a key addition to the Everyman team, responsible for overseeing the successful staging of Everyman and visiting company productions including the management and development of technical and production teams.
Reporting to the CEO and working alongside the Technical Manager and Line Producer, the Production Manager will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Communicate effectively between visiting productions and the Everyman’s Technical Manager to ensure that visiting shows’ production and stage requirements are clearly understood by all parties and that all necessary arrangements are in place.
- Ensuring that expenditure regarding visiting shows is fully accounted for and is within agreed budgetary limits.
- Ensure that all practices in the Technical department are compliant with industry-standard and legal norms and requirements.
- Production Manage all Everyman Inhouse Productions. To include:
- Oversee and coordinate all aspects of physical production and the production process
- Schedule, supervise and oversee all production crew and staff
- Drafting of Risk Assessment documents of all in house productions and implementation of associated safety protocols
- Schedule the Get in and all technical rehearsals for in house productions.
- Obtain accurate costings for all productions and staffing requirements and ensuring that designs can be delivered within budget
- Co-ordinate and lead a high standard of delivery of sets, props, costumes, lighting, sound and all other aspects of physical production within agreed briefs, budgets and timescales.
- Chair Production meetings and ensure that notes are taken and distributed in a prompt fashion.
- Ensure that all departments are kept informed of the requirements of the production.
- Work with the Line Producer to ensure that all spending on inhouse productions is fully accounted for and that the production is delivered within the agreed production budget.
- Liaise directly between the Technical Department and the production team.
- Liaise with the Line Producer to effectively manage and store all production assets, including sets, costumes, props, equipment and furnishings.
- Maintain an active presence at rehearsals.
- Liaise with the Technical Manager in managing the technical operations of the theatre as they apply to the areas of stage, staging equipment, flying, electrics, lighting, sound, equipment maintenance, dressing rooms, heating, get-in areas, control room, storage areas.
- Cover for the Technical Manager during periods of leave and days off.
- Set and maintain the highest standards in the provision of technical support, information, facilities and professional courtesy to all of the Everyman’s clients.
- Support the Technical Manager in supervising and rostering all technical staff employed by The Everyman.
- Working alongside the Technical Manager in supervising incoming crews in their use of the Everyman and its equipment.
- Effectively communicating with other departments, the Artistic Director and the CEO, as required.
- Working alongside the Technical Manager in providing preventative maintenance and improvement measures for the venue’s lighting, stage and sound equipment and plant facilities, including fault diagnosis and repair. Keeping updated inventories off all equipment and tools. Ensuring that the fabric of the stage area, boxes and auditorium is at all times protected from damage.
- Working alongside the Technical Manager in ensuring that all technical areas are accessible, tidy and clean, all exits accessible at all times. Maintain backstage areas, stores, and control rooms to the highest standard
- Liaise with the Technical Manager to ensure that all theatre specifications/drawings are updated and in stock.
- Proactively participating fully as a member of the theatre’s management team and in long-term planning for the technical department, setting targets, within agreed budgets, and with an agreed system of reporting.
- Any other duties as may be reasonably requested by the CEO.
The successful candidate will be a team-player, a creative thinker, energetic and self-motivated. The person will enter a fun working environment and join a dedicated team who believe in the value and quality of their work as well as the importance of art and entertainment to society.
How to Apply
Please send a CV and cover letter to email@example.com. The closing date for applications is 5pm Friday 22nd February 2019.More Info