Who we are & What we do:
- Panto Club is a performing arts school for children aged 7+ based in Newbridge Co. Kildare. We perform our annual winter production in the Moat theatre in Naas for three shows.
- Our productions are traditional Christmas pantomimes incorporating the usual engagement with the audience that is expected at this type of show.
- Our cast consists entirely of children and teenagers in full costume and makeup working with our own original scripts. Currently our youngest cast members are aged 7 and our eldest is aged 16.
- ** Garda Vetting is mandatory for anyone working in Panto Club**
- Each production is led by Mary McLaughlin, founder and Artistic Director of Panto Club and the team of Acting, Dancing and Singing tutors work collaboratively with the aim of delivering a top quality live theatre experience accessible by all the family.
- We work from February to May on specific acting techniques, large scale choreography and group singing.
- During the period September to January we focus on rehearsing our winter production for the Moat Theatre.
- We are seeking skilled, experienced, highly motivated individuals to come and work with us.
What are the roles being advertised?
- Production Assistant & Stage Manager.
- Acting Tutor.
- Singing Tutor.
Who You Are:
- You are a professionally trained and qualified individual.
- You are someone who would like to join a small hardworking team committed to helping children be their best self on the stage.
- You are friendly and find it easy to relate to children and adults, possessing a strong ability to work well with others.
- You have patience, stamina, excellent attention to detail and can think on your feet.
- You are ideally based in Kildare but if not you must be sufficiently mobile to travel independently to Newbridge, Naas and Kildare Town as needed.
- You are dependable, reliable and punctual, and will commit to the time schedule required to produce the show.
- You can work to tight deadlines.
Schedule of Production
- Casting of the show takes place late August / early September.
- Rehearsal times are:
- Wednesdays (from 5th September 2018) in Newbridge from 4.30pm to 6.30pm.
- 1 or 2 Sundays per month in Kildare Town from 10.00am to 1.00pm (dates to be agreed).
- Dress Rehearsal Thursday 10th January 2019.
- Performances Friday 11th January 2019 at 10.30am and 7.00pm.
- Saturday 12th January 2019 at 3.00pm.
Applying for the position:
Further details of the roles and responsibilities for these positions plus associated fees are available on application by emailing email@example.com
When forwarding your application & CV please be sure to note in the subject line of the email which of the advertised roles you are applying for.
All appointments will be dependent on successful Garda Vetting.
Closing date for applications is Friday 29th June 2018.