The Department of Theatre at University College Cork is seeking to expand its pool of part-time, hourly-paid lecturers, as it enters into its exciting next phase of development.
We seek candidates who might be:
- Current PhD students
- Advanced level professionals
Who might contribute to one or more teaching initiatives in the following areas, during academic year 2019-2020:
- Voice, movement, and embodied theories and practices (UG and PG level)
- Performer training approaches that might include a range of acting techniques, clown and expanded practices (largely UG level)
- Devised performance, adaptation, and performer-created theatre (UG and PG level)
- Visual theatres (largely UG)
- Performance studies (UG and/or PG)
- Queered, feminist and intercultural approaches to theatre and performance, to include live art and experimental practices, in theory, in practice, and both simultaneously (largely for PG teaching, but there may also be scope for UG)
- Technical aspects of theatre (largely UG level)
- Production, management and arts business development (largely PG level)
Some of the roles we seek will be for brief, punctual, workshop-style engagements; and others may be for more extended engagements.
We are a theory-practice integrated department that is interdisciplinary in scope; progressive in outlook.
Some of the teaching may be in intensive formats suited to persons travelling from elsewhere in Ireland.
Interested candidates, please forward your CV and a brief letter of introduction, including the names of two possible referees, preferably by email, to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Yvon Bonenfant, PhD
Head of Department, Theatre
University College Cork
Muskerry Villas, Lancaster Quay, Cork, Ireland