Job Title: Front of House Assistant
Job Type: Part-time
Reporting to: Front of House Duty Manager
The Front of House Assistant is responsible to carry out all instructions and duties to ensure the cinema is maintained in a clean and safe manner and is welcoming to the customer. The Front of House Assistant must ensure they are warm, professional and friendly toward customers to ensure the customer experience is excellent.
Preferred Skills: Previous Café service and food prep.
- Work across all areas: Café; Box office; Kiosk; Usher; Bar
- Present in a professional and clean uniform for every shift rostered to work.
- Respond to all queries received from customers in a polite and courteous manner.
- Operate the reception desk and assist with events, in close liaison with Events and Marketing Manager, ensuring a high standard of service.
- Handle cash in the manner trained, using the cash register to safely record and store cash received.
- Work as part of a team providing support in all areas of the cinema as required from time to time.
- Ensure correct stock is available in Café and ticket box/reception desk in time for any potential rush. Report any missing stock or shortages to the relevant manager.
- Clean all areas of the cinema using PPE and equipment provided.
- Ensure all public areas are maintained in a clean manner at all times (including Café, passageways, toilets, cinema screens, etc).
- As appropriate and when rostered, ensure all ‘close’ activities are completed fully at the end of the night.
- As appropriate and when rostered, ensure all ‘opening’ activities are completed fully at the start of the day.
- Report any customer comments to improve the cinema’s customer experience.
- Ensure all work practices are carried out in keeping with the Safety, Health and Welfare at Work Act.
- Ensure all work areas under your control are maintained in a clean and safe manner to avoid trips, slips and falls.
- At all times act in an appropriate manner toward customers/clients/suppliers/members of the public and colleagues.
- Participate in cross functional training as assigned from time to time.
Carry out any other instruction from the Front of House Duty Manager or other Officer of Light House Cinema as assigned by the General Manager from time to time.
We are accepting applications via email to email@example.com
Closing date for applications is Thursday October 17th. Interviews will be held week commencing Monday October 21st.