Dublin City Council Culture Company is seeking an Office Administrator to help achieve our ambitious aims to connect the citizens of Dublin through culture and conversation. Collaborating with citizens, communities, cultural organisations, businesses, and Dublin City Council itself, our work is focused on embedding cultural experiences and increasing cultural participation throughout Dublin’s neighbourhoods.
Working as part of a team, and reporting to the Head of Operations, you will play a key role in ensuring the smooth day to day running of our offices and buildings, providing general administrative support across the organisation, and practical operational support to our programmes and departments.
About the role
Function and role specification
- To manage and monitor the administration systems of the company
- Ensure that all team members are trained and up to date with administrative management systems of the company
- Manage and update contact databases
- Ensure compliance with all financial, contractual, legal requirements and health and safety requirements
- Overseeing/reconciliation of the monthly invoice and statements with the finance department
- Stock checks, ordering and management of stock levels
- Filing/Photocopying/Scanning/Shredding documents as required
- Management of post, courier and bulk deliveries
- Other errands as required
- Setting up meeting rooms when required
- Attend, arrange meetings as required by Head of Operations including monthly staff meetings and other team meetings
- Logging, management and filing of administration forms and surveys.
- Any other administration work that has been reasonably requested
- Organising of public events if required and provide administrative support to team members generally and specific projects as may arise
- Ensuring HR records (online and offline) are up to date and complete
- Compiling monthly HR reports
- Ensuring that HR templates are up to date and fit for purpose
- Organising training on behalf of the company maintaining training records
- Preparing monthly reports, as required.
- Liaising with the general, facilities and maintenance suppliers and contractors with the Venue Manager/s and Head of Operations.
- Managing weekly stock takes for Covid-Secure-related stock and restocking of same
- Managing weekly stock takes for First Aid kits and restocking of same
- Weekly inspection of offices and office equipment, to include condition checks and identify any possible health and safety issues.
- Ensuring company policies are effectively communicated across the full team.
The ideal person for this role will have:
- Minimum of 2 years of administration or equivalent experience is essential
- A suitable qualification in administration or HR is not a requirement, but could be an advantage
- Excellent administrative and organisational skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft office and GSuite is essential.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are required.
- An understanding of the work of Dublin City Council Culture Company and its ambitions
- Ability to plan, organise and lead a project, to work independently, and to work to deadlines, with flexibility around working hours.
- An instinctive ability to think creatively – to try, fail, learn, and try again
Post Title: Office Administrator, Dublin City Council Culture Company
Post Status: Fixed Term Contract (full-time), two years, 6 month probationary period.
Location: Dublin City Council Culture Company, 14 Henrietta Street, Dublin 1 and Richmond Barracks, Inchicore, Dublin 8.
Reports to: Head of Operations, Dublin City Council Culture Company.
Key relationships: Venue teams at 14 Henrietta Street and Richmond Barracks, financial and administration team.
Salary: €31,200 gross p.a.
How to apply
Applications are now invited from applicants who meet these published requirements. Applications must include the following:
- CV (including the names and contact details of two referees)
- A letter (no more than 2 pages) citing your specific skills, knowledge and experience relevant to the role specification and requirements.
Completed applications should be sent by email only to email@example.com with ”Office Administrator” in the subject line. Applications received after the closing date and time will not be accepted.
Closing date for this application is Wednesday 30th September 2020Job Description More Info