We are looking for a highly motivated, creative and dynamic individual to develop, manage and implement Droichead Arts Centre’s Marketing and Communication Strategies.
The Marketing and Sales Manager should have previous experience of working in marketing, delivering campaigns and marketing initiatives, to develop and grow audiences and meet income targets. Excellent organisational, planning, communication and interpersonal skills are required for this role. Reporting to and working closely with the Centre’s Director, the Marketing and Sales Manager will maximise the profile and ticket sales of all the Droichead Arts Centre’s Events.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Marketing and PR
- Develop and implement an effective and cohesive marketing and audience development plan and appropriate communication strategies in line with the Centre’s Strategy 2020 – 2022, including our audience development and engagement plans.
- Creatively market and sell the art centre’s programme, facilities and activities at a Local, National and International Level.
- Oversee and manage the preparation, design and production of all printed publicity material (leaflets, posters, brochures etc.) for the centre; including the collection of all necessary information to deadline, copyrighting, selecting photographs, negotiating with printers, working with designers etc.
- Manage press and publicity campaigns with local and national media, ensuring that information and press releases are also provided to all relevant and associated networks, organisations, agencies and bodies.
- Manage the effective distribution of all publicity and marketing materials.
- Maintain the Centre’s website and social media platforms and develop and implement all digital marketing campaigns, ensuring the maximum effectiveness of those key sales and marketing tools.
- Continue to develop Droichead Arts Centre’s profile and brand image.
- Source potential sponsorship opportunities for programmes.
- Oversee the co-ordination and development of Droichead’s Friends Scheme.
- Outline and achieve an agreed targeted sales campaign in conjunction with the Director, monitoring ongoing sales and adapting said campaign accordingly.
- Utilise the Arts Centre’s central box office system – Ticketsolve – to its full sales and marketing potential, targeting key audiences economically; analyse the effectiveness of promotional campaigns against ticket sales; monitor the use of customer data collected to evaluate marketing activities for the centre.
- Undertake any special projects in Sales/Marketing as set out by the Director.
- Train, manage and support the performance of all sales and marketing and box office staff
- Assist with funding applications, with relevant marketing and audience development information and case studies
- Provide timely monthly sales and marketing report
- Make marketing – related presentations as and when appropriate.
- Management of an allocated Marketing Budget
- Maintain a full understanding of data protection requirements and ensure the Arts Centre is fully compliant with GDPR requirements
- Represent Droichead Arts Centre at meetings, events, seminars, conferences as appropriate.
The post-holder will be responsible to the Director and performance will be monitored quarterly. Droichead Arts Centre is governed by a voluntary board of directors, managed by a small professional team and supported by a community employment scheme.
For more information www.droichead.com
- Strong copywriting skills and organisation skills including the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and to prioritise workload.
- Proven track record in successful sales and marketing campaigns.
- Demonstrated track record in social media and online marketing.
- Previous experience in managing an annual budget.
- A demonstrated interest in/knowledge of the arts.
- Ability to supervise and motivate a small team.
- Ability to work effectively on own initiative and as part of a small team.
- Excellent communication and advocacy skills – both written and verbal.
- Excellent IT and relevant computer skills, including creative and design skills
- Full driving licence and access to car
- High standard of education
- Previous working knowledge of ticketing/box office systems
- Willingness to work evenings and weekends if required
Terms and Conditions:
Contract: 24 Hours per week. Working hours and days flexible.
Salary: €30,000 Pro Rata
Location of Work: Droichead Arts Centre, Barlow House, West Street, Drogheda.
Applications: Please forward a detailed CV and covering letter outlining appropriate skills and experience to email@example.com with MARKETING AND SALES MANAGER POSITION in the subject line.
Closing date for applications is Friday 10th Jan 2020. Interviews will be held on Saturday 18th Jan 2020.
Droichead Arts Centre is an equal opportunities employer.