West Cork Music is seeking a Festivals Administrator to assist Finance Manager with accounts and box office and with added responsibility for coordinating subscriptions and tour groups
The main role of the Festivals Administrator will be to support the Finance Manager with day-to-day company accounts and box office duties with additional responsibility for coordinating the Festival Friends subscriptions and managing visits by tour groups to the West Cork Chamber Music Festival.
Applicants for this post should have their own transport, a full driving licence and be prepared to be based in West Cork. Initially the contract will be for 3 years starting in September with a six-month probationary period. Starting salary will be dependent on qualifications.
Hours of work are normally 9am to 5pm that is 35 hours per week with one hour for lunch. Holidays are 21 days/year plus all Public Holidays.
Closing date for applications will be 10am Monday 13 August. Short-listed applicants will be interviewed within a week.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- A range of day-to-day book-keeping duties including everyday use of TAS Books accounting system.
- Assisting with weekly/monthly computerised payroll requirements
- Maintaining WCM’s box office booking system
- Taking bookings by phone/in person. Administrating box office at each venue during the festivals.
- Generating geographical and festival analysis reports from raw data
- Liaising with existing and prospective European tour groups
- Managing, developing and growing West Cork Music’s Friends and Donors schemes
- Assisting with logistics for the three festivals with Festival teams
- Updating West Cork Music’s web-site as required
- Assisting with developing social media streams
- General office duties as required
The following qualifications and skills are necessary:
- Relevant third level qualification or minimum 2 year recent related experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite
- Excellent IT skills to include ability to update web sites and social media platforms
- Knowledge of TAS Books or similar accounts package and payroll
- Strict attention to detail
- Ability to work to multiple deadlines while part of a team and on own initiative
- Willingness to work unsocial hours
- Proven track record
Applicants should submit a detailed current CV, with two referees and a thoughtful cover letter setting out the qualities they could bring to the role. Applications by e-mail to email@example.com by 10am on Monday 13th August.