The Abbey Theatre
For over 115 years, the Abbey Theatre has played a significant role in reflecting Ireland’s evolving cultural, political and social identity. It has done so through the creation and staging of an important literary repertoire which has helped Irish people to understand and communicate what it means to be Irish. This role continues, as the nation’s sense of identity evolves, our population becomes increasingly multicultural, and as a major building project is developed to house the Abbey Theatre for the decades to come.
The Abbey Theatre’s mission is to engage imaginatively with all of Irish society through the production of ambitious and courageous theatre, in all its forms. Ireland’s National Theatre is artist-led and audience-focused.
he Board of the Abbey Theatre is now seeking an Executive Director.
Your principal accountabilities will be to:
- Report to the Board, with responsibility for the delivery of the Theatre’s organisational strategy, its operations and its governance, within agreed budgets.
- Support the Artistic Director in enabling and facilitating the realisation of a sustainable strategic artistic vision for the Abbey Theatre.
- Work with the Artistic Director and the Senior Management Team to develop, maintain and implement a sustainable strategic plan for the Abbey Theatre in line with the Theatre’s Five-Year Strategy.
- Provide inspirational and engaged leadership to the Senior Management Team and staff to ensure that the organisation embraces the values stated and implied in the Five-Year Strategy.
You should have:
- A background and strong interest in the performing arts, ideally theatre, together with an understanding of and empathy for The Abbey Theatre and its vision.
- Strategic and business planning ability, strong financial and commercial acumen, entrepreneurial flair, excellent communication skills coupled with an ability to deliver.
- Experience of successfully overseeing complex projects, significant budgets and ideally having had full P&L responsibility
For full details please see: www.odgers.com/20687
If you believe you have the drive, passion and experience necessary to take on this role, please submit a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae and supporting letter by email to: Mark O’Donnell, Managing Partner, Odgers Berndtson at email@example.com referencing Abbey Theatre Executive Director.
For a confidential conversation with Mark O’Donnell, please call +353 1 669 7030.
Closing date for receipt of applications is Monday 9th November, 2020.
Candidates will be sourced through both an advertised and an international executive search process.
The Abbey Theatre is an equal opportunities employer