Theatre Forum Annual Conference
The conference is in June every year and the biggest gathering in the theatre calendar. It’s a mix of polemical soapboxes, seminars, public interviews, inspirational talks and networking opportunities. The conference takes place over two days and attracts more than 300 arts professionals.
Public Interviews, Seminars & Discussions
Theatre Forum organises a variety of these events during the year. Past topics include a look at different models of production, touring, leadership in the arts and discussion events in relation to the sector and funding. Details of upcoming events can be found on the Theatre Forum Notice Board. Our annual fixed programme of events include
- Artist development programmes such as The Next Stage in October and MAKE in March.
- Regular meetings of venue managers
- Training for producers and emerging independent artists
- General members meetings where members share and update each other on new initiatives
- Regional ‘Open Space’ meetings outside Dublin for members and non members
Audience Development & Marketing
We organise seminars and training on arts marketing. This covers internet marketing, audience research, front of house and box office training.
We organise one-on-one ‘marketing surgeries’ with Heather Maitland. This is linked to our annual Audience Benchmarking Research. The project analyses box office records from 61 member including venues and festivals.