Representing your interests
Theatre Forum represents the interests of its members on a variety of issues facing the performing arts sector. Issues include:
- More funding for the performing arts at a local and national level
- The policy of the Arts Council in areas such as theatre, dance, opera, venues, etc
- The development needs of both emerging and mid career performing artists
- Increasing practical resources for the performing arts e.g. rehearsal spaces
- The exclusion of theatre artists from Aosdána
In 2009, Theatre Forum was the founding member of the National Campaign for the Arts, a national effort across all art forms. The secretariat of the National Campaign for the Arts is provided by Theatre Forum.
The NCFA’s core beliefs
- We believe in a society that values creativity, imagination and expression.
- We believe the arts generate growth and tourism.
- We believe the arts enhance our reputation.
- We believe the arts enrich our lives.
- We believe in the value of the arts.
The NCFAs key demands
- Continue to invest in the arts through funding for agencies such as the Arts Council, Culture Ireland and the Irish Film Board as well as local authority funding.
- Embed the arts within the curriculum at both primary and secondary level
- Promote active collaboration between government departments specifically Education, Environment and Tourism as well as Enterprise and Innovation
More information on the campaign is available from www.ncfa.ie.